Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day ??? It's been a lot of days...

So, it's been awhile, but I am back. My computer quit and then this new one has been extraordinarily slow! Plus, I didn't have access to my huge photo selection on my older computer. It was a very long, frustrating week.

But I digress.

Yesterday, hubby & I hopped in the truck and took a drive to Fort Popham. It's a beautiful place; it boasts a beach on the south end and at the north end of the peninsula lies Fort Popham. Until yesterday, I'd never been inside the fort. And wasn't I pleasantly surprised!!

The stonework and detail that accompany this amazing structure are phenomenal. I've always believed I was born in the wrong era, and decidedly, I believe I should have been born when forts and castles were used. I find them intriguing, and I am hoping to get to some other forts this summer. :)






It has a moat! I think this is the coolest part of the fort! :)





The stone stairs were, quite frankly, the most amazing part of the fort.










There were cracks and leaks all over the place. But I was still in love with it.



This was actually the hallway to a large dark room with no windows. It was creepy and I just couldn't make myself go into the dark room. Still cool, though.












The fort faces the water. It's so great!


Well, that's all for today. The fort made me feel like I was lost inside one of my historic novels, and I loved it. :) I can't wait to have another adventure! See you all later this week!


<3 Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment