Friday, June 1, 2012

Day Twenty-seven: Some of my favorite things

One thing that I love in life is people. I love authentic people who are not afraid to be themselves. I met one today. His name is Jack. I went to Walmart today with my friend Natasha, and when I pulled in an awesomely weird truck pulled into the space beside me. I wish you could have seen the looks that this guy was getting. His truck had 3 sets of animal horns and a bunch of dolls mounted to it. I told him his truck was awesomely weird looking and went into the store. When I came out he was still sitting in his truck and I started to talk to him. He was just a cool old man. He had either found or been given all the "decorations" that were on his truck. He is a Vietnam veteran and called himself "wacked out". I told him we are all wacked out, some of us are just better at hiding it. He told me not to take life to seriously, everything always works itself out. He showed me some old pictures he had in his truck, one of his father and daughter when she was real young, he said that it was one of those moments just captured in time, one that you had to be there for. It never ceases to amaze me how much people will tell you about themselves if you just stop and ask.
This man was awesome and looked totally unapproachable. I shook his hand before I left and he kissed it. He was authentic. Here is his truck, it's something you had to see to believe.

As he drove away he stoped and asked me what kind of music I listen to. I told him folk, and he told me he was listening to Paul Simon. Then he drove off. It was weird and awesome, just like his truck.

Speaking of music my favorite band is coming to New England in August and I could not be more stoked! My friends and I drove 10 hours or so last year to see Mumford and Sons in Maryland last year. It was awesome and we are just a little obsessed. That set off the summer of concerts last year. This year we went and saw The Avett Brothers to kick off the summer of fun. This summer is bound to be just as good! Here is my song for the day!


This is Matthew and the Atlas. We saw them 3 times last year. They were amazing every single time. Here are some photos from my favorite concert of the year. It was at Cafe 939 in  Boston and it was Lauren Shera, The David Mayfied Parade, and Matthew and the Atlas. It was awesome and high energy and in a tiny venue. It was a little show with a lot of bang!














 If you ever get a chance to see any of these bands don't miss it! They are all amazing in their own right! Also remember sometimes strangers have the coolest stories. Be safe but reach out to others! 

See you Sunday!

-Traci
















No comments:

Post a Comment