Friday, June 15, 2012

The Last Day

Saying goodbye to Maine is always bittersweet for me. I am glad to be going home to sleep in my bed, but I am sad to be leaving my place of total relaxation. The last 2 days that I spent at the cottage were awesome. My friends had made the 3 hours trek up to spend some time by the water and I always enjoy time with them. I am blessed to be surrounded by such a great group of people. I am a lucky girl! Here are some pictures from the last two days!


So Saturday morning after an amazing breakfast of stuffed french toast we piled into the car, turned on some tunes and drove out to the candy store. Only very recently did I learn that the name of this place was Willow Brook Farms. We always called it the Indian candy store because they use to have a huge Indian chief statue outside the from door. Seriously though, going into this place is like stepping back in time. 


 They sell penny candy among other things, but obviously that's why I go there!
 Here are Brigitte and April waiting in line for some yummy goodness!





They were having a farmer's market this day and they had some farm animals for the little kids to feed. I was intent on bringing this goat home as a new family addition. My roommate was less then thrilled with the idea of her walk-in closet being used as the new "goat room"! But isn't she so cute?

We sat for a while reading and working by the lake. It was nice to be able to sit in silence and just read for awhile with everyone.
The sunset was beautiful as always, and the fire was burning strong. We always end with a bonfire and s'mores! 



And sparklers!! 


Sunday morning we were graced with the sight of some huge loons! We had been hearing there calls all weekend but had yet to catch a glimpse of one in the lake.
We went to The Crabby Bear Restaurant for dinner. It was ok, but the company was great!
Here's April!
 Esther
 Brigitte
 And me!

We fed some ducks before we finished packing to leave.


That was my last glimpse of the lake. It is deflating to leave and get back to the grind of 9 to 5, but I am already planning the next trip! How could you not just want to live here. The beauty and stillness of nature astounds me and I feel surrounded by it there. When night comes you can actually see the stars. I don't think I realize how many stars there are until I am away from the city in the silence just searching the night sky. It is incredibly humbling to be reminded just how small you and your problems are. I guess you could say that this spot gives me my perspective back, and sometimes that is just what I need.

See you Sunday!
~Traci



No comments:

Post a Comment