Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day Thirty-one: Good Morning

It's beautiful here this morning. The sun is peeking through the clouds and the lake it still making it look like glass. I have been here for a day now and am feeling quite relaxed. Even the dog hates doing anything here. Mostly you can find him curled up on the couch or bed just chillin or sleeping. As I write this I can here him snoring somewhere. All you hear are ther bird and the occassional car up on the main road. The cottage is on a dead end dirt road. If you're not paying attention while driving you can easily miss the street.

This place fills me with memories, both new and old. I remember walking through the woods with my dad and sister to the candy store. This where I first learned what poison ivy looked like and felt like. I remember driving around and getting very lost with my mom and sister. We watch the fireworks up here on the 4th of July, have bonfires under the stars, and swim in the lake all day. I love everything about it, but I really like the way it smells up here. I don't know what it is, but the cottage just smells like Maine.

Here are some photos from yesterday. Bare with the quality as I only have my cell phone up here!

See you again Saturday morning!
~Traci

 










No comments:

Post a Comment