Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day Five: Take Two...

So I started out this morning really well. It was still drizzling and gray from the storms we had yesterday, but the rain had let up enough that I was determined to make this a nice day off. I packed up the pup and some extra batteries and drove around a little bit until I found a quite little park with a stream flowing through it. I went to turn my camera on and wouldn't you know it said "no memory card"....gahhhh. So I got back in the car and drove back home to get the memory card that I had left in my laptop. Take 2.


I went back to the park. It was still really gray but not raining which was a plus!
The water had this weird foam on top of it and it was running really fast because of all the rain we got yesterday. Obviously not a river you can swim in, it looked less than inviting, also there was a big sign posted that it was not a swimming area. 
From here I got back in the car, much to the pup's dismay, and went over to The Apponegansett Meeting House. It's an old Quaker Meeting house that was built in 1790 and it's surrounded by a really old cemetery. Cemeteries intrigue me, and on cloudy days they seem even creepier.
 Then per usual I ended up at the ocean. I love that here on the south coast you can be in the woods one minute and by the ocean the next. 
This road was beside the bay. I thought it looked cool. A type of road less traveled.
 Buttercups make me long for the freedom of childhood. I remember my sister and I, when we were little, picking these and checking to see if we liked butter by looking for the reflection of yellow on our necks. It was silly really but so much fun.
Traveled down to the actual beach and ran into this! I debated on whether or not to continue down the road because it was flooded out and it was hard to see how deep it is, but I pushed on through and my car didn't drown!
All that pink seaweed was everywhere! It was low tide and it smelled less than pleasant down there today. We didn't stay long because as I was taking pictures, Chester walked right down into that nasty muck. Needless to say we came home pretty quick and he got a bath! 
This is one of the last weeks this year we will see and empty beach parking lot.
I bet in it's day this was a nice little dock. It is in a great spot looking right over the salt marsh. It is so over grown there isn't even a way to get close to it, not that you could stand on it anyways.


Now you have read/seen my morning! Tell me about yours!


-Traci






No comments:

Post a Comment