Saturday, May 12, 2012

Day Seven: Summer Days are coming!!

I have a love/hate relationship with Saturday. I love Saturday because I can sleep in. Sleeping in for me is 7:45 woohoo! I love this Saturday because it is suppose to be in the high 70's. I hate Saturday because I have to work, and Saturdays at work are the slowest days of the week. I hate slow days, but I love my job. Oh well, in this economy I guess you can't complain about the hours! Enough moaning about my disdain for Saturday. 

A few Sundays ago I went to First Congregational Church in Middleborough. I know this is ridiculous, but I didn't even know that was the name of the church. I grew up in this town for the most part and we have just always called it The Church on the Green. Oh well, all names aside it is a magnificent building. My dad was the pastor there back in the late 70's early 80's and his picture is up on the wall in the hall with all of the previous ministers, I love my Dad he is a handsome man, but pictures from the 70's make me giggle. The building itself was called “the most beautiful church in New England.” by Daniel Webster. I can't disagree. 
I don't know who's car this is but it made for an awesome looking retro shot! But seriously look at that building!
The lighting was perfect for this one! Now onto the inside. I got a chance to go in there after the service when it was empty and it was nice. The place is commanding. It should be though since it is a house of worship. God's house should be awe inspiring and make you feel tiny in comparison. 
Perspectives in photos can be deceiving. That pulpit is just massive and it is hard to not look at and the couch behind it is the biggest one I have ever seen. 
So this photo is off center but seriously I have no clue how they got that pipe organ up there. It is huge, and as you can see the pipes touch the ceiling. It sounds beautiful and it shakes the building. Powerful stuff when all of your senses are engaged in this place. 

Moving on to something else. I really like the macro mode on my camera! I have been using it a ton lately. Also I love dandelions. I know, we have had this conversation this week but those little balls of fluff are so fun! 
The flowers on the trees are slowly dying off to make way for bright green leaves, but this one is still hanging on.
Here's a few of the pups! Be serious, how could you not love that face?
Here's Cooper! My parents dog is so much easier to photograph then mine. It helps that he's pretty cute as well.
That's all for today! Enjoy this beautiful Saturday, I know I will once I get out of work!

Much Love,

Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment