Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day Seventeen: Another rainy Tuesday

Good morning! It seems to me like the last 3 Tuesdays have been full of fog and rain. Maybe I am off a bit on my count, but it has been particularly rainy as of late. Rain is good though. It makes the trees, grass and flowers super vibrant and saturated. I love vibrant and bright colors so it works for me.


Speaking of vibrant colors, I went down to Jamestown, RI on Sunday and watched the sunset from Beavertail State Park. It was incredible. Totally worth the 8 dollars in tolls it cost to go there and back over one bridge. Before I went out to Jamestown I spent some time driving through Middletown and went down to Purgatory Chasm. It is essentially just a break in the rock face where the ocean can run through it but it is pretty cool looking.

This place has some pretty spectacular views of the ocean as well! Then I drove over to Sachuest Point Wildlife Reserve. I was not able to actually get out because there are no dogs allowed and I had the pup with me but the road up to where the visitor center is at was pretty beautiful!
I went for a little scenic back road drive after I found out I wasn't going to be able to go into the park and this is what I found.
 Its a fireplace. In the middle of the beach. There was probably a house here at one time and I'm guessing that this was part of the house
 This is my favorite summer flower! I have no clue what they are called, I think they are beach roses, but they smell awesome!
 Here are some more from my scenic drive
How cool looking is this church??
 And now for the sunset at Beavertail! I got lost at first and found this cool tree on a farm.
 Finally I made it to the ocean!
The sunset did not disappoint. I got there about an hour before the sun completely disappeared from the sky and it was beautiful. The ocean crashed up against the rock face and it was fairly quiet and peaceful.  
The sky eventually faded into this incredible pink, red, orange, purple, blue rainbow of color. It was spectacular and vibrant. It was a day very well spent. I hope to have another one like it soon!

-Traci





















No comments:

Post a Comment