Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day Twenty-two: Moosehead camping trip, part 1

I've always looked at nature from a distance; I guess I never noticed a lot of the details that surround us every day. On my camping trip this past week, I pushed aside all my preconceived notions and just took in the beauty of the land. It was an eye-opening experience.

Over the course of the three day trip, I took over 600 pictures. And while there were several that didn't come out perfectly, I decided to make my camping trip posts over the course of a few days, so that you can stretch out the enjoyment of the scenery.

Our first day up there, I went for a ride with the guys, and it was interesting, to say the least. A grand time was had by all, too. My friend Ross stopped nearly every 1/4 mile to have me get out to take pictures; it was quite amusing, but I'm thankful for his advice on where to take pictures.


There are hundreds of little alcoves that are next to the dirt roads up north. We stopped at several, and the outcome was astonishing! :) Also, the sky did amazing things that day. It was beautiful, sunny, and so warm! Overall, it was a perfect day!



























This one is my favorite!!!! :)






That's all for today, but I am already putting together the next set of pics, and I hope you all come back on Tuesday for another view of my vacation. Have a fantastic day!

<3 Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment