Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day Fourteen: Two week checkpoint!


I have to be honest: I have been more than a little distracted the past few days... My husband and I are planning a camping trip over Memorial Day weekend, beginning on Wednesday of this upcoming week and lasting until Sunday. And when I say camping, make no mistake: we are roughing it! We camp in a small camping area that has about twelve sites, right beside the water (Spencer Pond). There is no running water or electricity, and it is oh so peaceful. I cannot wait to be lakeside. Today, hubby and I took a trip to Walmart to pick up a few items that we need, and now we are all set and ready to go! (It's going to be a long four days!)

Today's picture set is a various selection from the last few days and I hope you enjoy!



This first set  includes some of my favorite houses on the main road that goes down the peninsula toward Pemaquid Point.





These next few are trees and sunsets from last night and tonight. I <3 sunsets!





This is part of an apple orchard just a mile down the road from my house.



This is a sign down on the peninsula, pointing the way home.



This is my town. 





Memorial Day is just over a week away, but I managed to capture the sun setting over this flag just perfectly (And trust me, it was difficult, considering the crazy wind).

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend, and I will see you again on Monday. On Friday, I will have some camping photos from lovely Greenville and Kokadjo, Maine. It's going to be a fantastic week!

<3 Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment